Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Itsu good


I got the chance yesterday to venture out into the cold streets of London on my lunch break and try out Itsu a new chain of sushi restaurants opening up in central London. I had seen their soho branch before but never gone in. The Picadilly branch is a lot closer to work so off I trotted. What is great about this place is the way they have packaged their product. Everything looks achingly yummy. The fish really is beautifully fresh and their selection of togo sushi looks all too tempting. I grabbed the omega 3 salmon sampler which had three salmon rolls, 3 chilli salmon rolls, 3 veggie rolls and a beautiful glass noodle and herb salad. The dressing for the salad was sweet and spicy and the usual pickled ginger and wasabi went well with the sushi (although thinking about it I couldn't open the wasabi packet). The restaurant itself has a small amount of seating along bars so you can dine in if need be. Everything from the logo design to the interior decor to the staff uniform is clean and crisp which is totally the message they are trying to get across. They also sell things like boxes of noodles; packets of wasabi peas; jasmine tea; bowls of exotic fruit sliced lengthways (which really does make fruit look more tempting). On the whole I think their product is spot on. I will be back (when my budget allows....yes it is expensive). This is by far the best fast food sushi in London at the moment and the place was suitably packed.

No comments: