Thursday, November 30, 2006

VHM design



Alex Cherry is one of my favourite digital artists at the moment. I constantly revisit his work for inspiration and very often set his work as a desktop. I love the way he melds a grungy graphic style with his vision of the world. Check out his music tastes as he takes a silhouette of a favourite band member and uses this outline to direct a page of lyrics. I also love his take on politics and his use of awesome textures to get across his thoughts. If I could ever get round to doing work like this I would be happy. I have an ongoing art project at the moment which features a guys mouth in the bottom right corner of the piece and planes flying out that turn into birds. I really want it to be as graphical as Alex's work but I guess it is just about finding my stride and grappling around with Illustrator. Inspiring his work is.

No comments: