Monday, February 26, 2007

scorcese wins

A great win for Scorcese last night. He was owed, true. But he won for a deserving movie. My blog predictions all held good with the exception of Alan Arkin winning for Best Supporting Actor but to be fair this category was wide open (however, strangely a couple of hours before I switched to Babel for Best Picture having the horror of Crash winning still ringing in my ears.....despite having said that The Departed will win Best Picture and Director since seeing the movie..... ho hum).

All in all a good night with Ellen settling in to do a great job of holding her own and entertaining the crowd of A-listers. She will be back I'm sure. Also good song performances from the Dreamgirls with Beyonce being surprisingly good and Jennifer a little nervous (bless her... having just won for Best Supporting Actress). Also great shadow puppetry interspersed the proceedings (hopefully someone will post clips to youtube so I can post them as they really were quite good). 13 correct predictions out of a possible 24. Not the best year for me and well done to Dean for winning. How did everyone else do? Post a message and let me know about your Oscar night....

2 comments:

Michael Parsons said...

You did better than me honey, with only 12!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I won with a total of 16 !! Yay Me !