Monday, May 28, 2007

rhythm of lines

So this is the latest Audi A5 car ad from BBH. This is a really nice idea but sadly the execution is a little lacking I feel. What I like about this ad is the movement of the lines to the music. It feels like ribbon floating through space. The lines that make up various sides of the car form freely, if a little obviously, to the flow of the music. I am not sure of the use of colours here though. A rough, early cut I saw of this ad had the ribbons purely in red, a deep red, which seemed to work a bit better. Also the end resolve of the ribbons into text just doesn't work for me. It looks lazy and childlike. And if you see the full version of the ad (at least the full UK version) over at the Audi site you will see that the ad ends on the car. Yes an actual photograph of the car, thus nullifying all the previous work of the ad. A car company like Audi should be confident enough in their brand by now that they need not show the car at all (see BMW) in their ads. The decision to have the car at the end is poor in my mind. This ad should serve to generate curiosity and interest in their product.

Watch this space for the imminent release of the gt microsite for the A5. From what I have seen and heard it is going to be awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to rhythmoflines.co.uk